March 20, 2021
You are invited to participate in Brock University’s Hellenic Students’ Association, "200th year Anniversary, Greek Independence Day Celebration," event on Saturday March 20th at 2p.m., using the Zoom media tool.
The Zoom link will be sent closer to the date of the event; however, the below link is to register, for those who would like to receive the Zoom link to their emails.
This event will consist of the following:
- - Welcome and Introductions by Brock HAS
- - Opening Remarks by Victor Maligoudis, Consul General in Toronto
- - Greetings and the role of Greek Church in the 1821 Revolution by Father Stavros Chatzis, St. Catharines Greek Orthodox Church
- - Keynote Lecture - The historical perspective: “200 years ago: the events and factors leading to the Greek Revolution of 1821”, Dr. Athanasios (Sakis) Gekas, Hellenic Studies Chair, York University
- - The political perspective: "Viewing the Greek Revolution through Balkan and European Lenses". Dr. Gregor Kranjc, Department of History, Brock University
- - The cultural perspective: “Personal Views on The Greek Independence Day in Modern Greece”, Dr. Panagiota (Nota) Klentrou, Department of Kinesiology, Brock University
- - Closing Remarks and quick trivia by the Brock HSA
April 18, 2021